Echo the sounds I make with my voice, and give me time to copy yours
By copying each other’s voices, I can learn that I’m like you and you’re like me:
- Copy the sounds that I make with my voice
- Give me plenty of time to think about what I’ve just heard
- When all is quiet, make a sound with your voice similar to ones that I like to make
- Give me lots of time to respond
- Gradually you might hear me copy you more and more accurately – it takes a lot of practice!
- Don’t forget to repeat the activity many times in different contexts (with different people and in different locations)