Encourage me to copy what you do on instruments and other soundmakers
Help me to understand what it’s like to be you by encouraging me to copy you:
- In a quiet moment, put a soundmaker on my lap and make a sound that I have made before on it
- Give me lots of time to respond
- Once I’ve got the hang of it, play another soundmaker the same as mine, so we don’t have to share
- Then, see whether I will copy the same pattern made on a different kind of soundmaker
- Swap instruments!
- Remember that repetition is key – playing simple copy games may become one of my favourite ways of relating to people