Encourage me to express my feelings through sound
Engage with the different feelings that I may be expressing when I make sounds:
- React to any vocalisations (or changes in them) that may show how I’m feeling
- Respond to the sounds I make with objects and instruments that may indicate excitement, frustration, boredom
- Try to identify triggers that make me vocalise or make sounds with objects in certain ways
- Can you affect the way I feel (a word of reassurance, a touch on the hand, a hug) …
- And so change the sounds I make?
- Remember that choosing not to make a sound may show how I’m feeling too