Find out whether different sounds affect me in different ways
All sounds elicit an emotional response:
- Observe whether I respond differently to different sounds, and how consistent my responses are
- If certain sounds upset me, is it possible to avoid me hearing them?
- Or perhaps my tolerance of them could gradually be built up
- Remember, I’m most likely to be engaged emotionally through the sound of your voice
- Giving me opportunities to make sounds may be a great way for me to show you how I feel and help me regulate my emotions
- Show me that you understand how I’m feeling by copying my responses to sounds