Give me a hand to make patterns up and down on a keyboard or using technology that responds to movement
Give me opportunities to explore pattern-making on a keyboard or using touchscreen technology:
- Gently show me how to play single notes with one finger (use my stronger hand if I have one)
- Show me how to play a simple beat on one key – make it easier for me to find with a sticker or texture
- Encourage me to use the white notes, and black notes if I can reach them
- Give me plenty of time to try things out for myself!
- Show me how to play simple up or down patterns on three notes next to each other on the keyboard or touchscreen
- Help me make longer patterns that go up and down