Help me find out about the world around through the different sounds that things make
Sound will help me find out about the world around:
- Wherever possible, link sounds to other sensory input …
- Through touch, sight or smell
- Remember that it may be hard for me to focus on one sound at a time in a noisy environment, so eliminate auditory clutter if you can
- Let me hear the same soundmaker in different environments, so I get used to things sounding different in different places
- Make recordings of what I hear when out and about, so I can re-live them when I’m back at home or in school
- Remember that I may need a lot of repetition of experiences in order for me to grasp them – you’ll probably get bored before I do!