Play ‘question and answer’ games with me using our voices, instruments or movement-based technology
Use ‘question and answer’ songs that have one phrase followed by another that is different:
- Try spirituals such as Michael Row the Boat Ashore
- Try Western classical melodies such as the opening of the slow movement of Haydn’s Surprise symphony
- Try fragments of songs from the musicals such as the beginning of I Got Rhythm
- Try pop songs such as the opening phrases of Clocks by Coldplay
- Use songs from the Tuning In Music Book such as How are you feeling? and Where are we?
- Try recreating the fragments of music on instruments or other soundmakers