Respond to the sounds I make by making sounds yourself
Interpret the sounds I make as efforts to reach out to you:
- Make short bursts of sound with your voice in response to my vocalisations
- You could imitate what I do or do something different
- Use a microphone and amplifier to enhance the effect of our vocal sounds
- Place a large ocean drum across our laps and make sounds with it in response to any sounds I make
- Now try the same activity using two separate instruments of the same kind
- Remember, I may need plenty of time to process what is going on – be patient!